Total time spent:
- Started around 10:04am on Saturday (3/19) and finished around 2:13pm. So total = 4 hours ish. Down one hour from my usual 5+.
If I were to start this painting over right now, what would I do differently?
- Use a smaller brush on the smaller gradients (ie bottle neck)
- The instructor said to use “the wide side of the brush”
- NOT DIFFERENT: It was a good idea to work on gradients right after laying down the base colors.
- And NOT wiping the brush off so often
- Getting into the hang of painting on Saturdays 🙂
- Gradients still being a bugger.
- But the gradient on the bottle side actually looks alright, at least in the photo (though not so much in real life)
- Also getting better at figuring out how to do the videography behind the scenes.
This is the final painting I submitted for grading:
I submitted the assignment at around 12:51am on Sunday, and got a response at 7:19am on Monday.
My Questions & Instructor Feedback
- I asked about gradients and they said it’s coming along, but to use a smaller brush for small spaces. No duh! *headdesk*
Lesson Video Notes