This time I remembered to check the edges of the different shades. Also, I like how the left side of the box turned out. And the dent on the back of the swan looks quite realistic, too.
TK YT Pub Assignment video
Total time spent:
- 3:30-4:30+: sketch
- 4:30-8:30: paint
If I were to start this painting over right now, what would I do differently?
- Double check for white dots on the background
- Double check sketch with photo before painting (the swan neck shadow was a bit crooked)
- Keep double checking the photo/sketch while painting (the rose came out funky)
- The line where the box meets the table is a bit odd too…not sure how to fix that…blend more? Make the straightedge straighter? Use a #2 brush instead of the #6?
- Be more systematic (use the checklist!)
- Give myself more time. 6-7 hours, really.
- The shading on the middle part of the swan is a little bit odd looking. Could have done that better/cleaned it up a bit.
- Took a bit over an hour to do the initial sketch. Was really tricky trying to get that swan right. Maybe I chose a unit of one that was too small.
This is the final painting I submitted for grading:
I submitted the assignment at around 2:27 on Sunday 9/4/22, and got a response at TK.
My Questions & Instructor Feedback
Lesson Video Notes
Date #, 2022
Notes on TK Assignment Name